Schezwan fried rice is a very popular dish from the Indo-chinese cuisine, also famous as a street food in India. Inspite of a regular fried rice, schezwan fried rice is quiet spicy and hot, and full of marvelous flavours in it.
Schezwan fried rice is mainly prepared by adding schezwan sauce and a lot of veggies in the cooked rice. The unique blend of sauces and hot spices give the rice a delicious taste.
Sichuan peppers are also added in the schezwan fried rice but in most of the resturants it isn’t used.
If you have sichuan peppers then you may use it otherwise its not a big issue.
Schezwan fried rice also tastes amazing without using this peppers.
Preparating time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Serves : 2
☆ 1 cup rice (uncooked)
☆ 1 cup chopped cabbage
☆ 1 medium chopped onion
☆ 1/2 cup chopped carrots
☆ 1/4 cup chopped french beans
☆ 1/2 cup chopped cottage cheese (paneer)
☆ 1/4 cup chopped capsicum
☆ 3 tbsp. chopped coriander
☆ 3 tbsp. Oil
☆ 2 chopped green chillies
☆ Salt (as per taste)
☆ 1 inch grated ginger
☆ 1/4 tbsp. Ajinomoto
☆ 2 tbsp. Vinegar
☆ 2 tbsp. Green chilli sauce
☆ 2 tbsp. Schezwan sauce
☆ 2 tbsp. Soya sauce
HOW TO MAKE SCHEZWAN FRIED RICE :
1. Wash the rice and soak in water for 10-20 minutes.
2. Bring 5 cups of water to a boil and add the rice in it.
Cook the rice till al dente.
3. Avoid overcooking the rice.
4. Drain off the rice and keep aside in a bowl.
5. Now heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the cottage cheese.
6. Sieve off the paneer onto some tissue and in the same pan, add carrots, beans, capsicum, onion and cabbage.
7. Fry until the veggies are a bit crunchy or for a couple of minutes.
8. Add green chilli, ginger, salt, ajinomoto and vinegar.
9. Add the schezwan sauce, green chilli sauce, soya sauce and fried paneer as well and saute for a minute.
10. Now add the cooked rice in the pan and cook for 2 minutes tossing it well.
11. Garnish the rice with coriander leaves.
12. Turn off the flame and your schezwan fried rice is ready!!