WhatsApp pay: cashless messaging application
Nowadays the internet has become our requirement. This is why people like to pay online today, there are many benefits of online payment and there are also many disadvantages which I have told in my earlier article if you have not read that article, so the link is below, please read it.
Digital payment | Digital payment India | RISING HUNKS
As you all know how fast the competition on the Internet is increasing, due to which the competition in online payment application is also increasing very fast and to make this competition tougher WhatsApp has launched a payment feature that we are going to talk about today.
What is WhatsApp pay?
WhatsApp is one of the best and most used messaging application on the internet. Recently WhatsApp has launched its new WhatsApp pay feature so that you can transfer and receive money through the in-chat payment method using Unified Payment Interface (UPI).
WhatsApp pay is developed by WhatsApp in partnership with (NPCI) the National Payment Corporation of India.
WhatsApp pay allows us to enable transactions with over 160 supported banks in India. They are working with five leading banks in India: State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Jio Payment Bank, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank.
How to enable WhatsApp pay?
To enable WhatsApp pay, you must use WhatsApp from the same number which is linked with your bank. And it is also very necessary that you have a debit card in India.
To start using this feature, a WhatsApp payment user have to launch a deposit to a contact. Once the request is acquired, the user can initiate their UPI ID on WhatsApp. After that, the user can start sending and receiving payments on WhatsApp itself.
How to set-up WhatsApp pay?
It is quite easy to use, WhatsApp pay, just you have to follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open WhatsApp on your device.
2. Now click on the three dots placed in the top right corner.
3. Click on the ‘payments’ option.
4. After that, click on the ‘Add payment method’ option.
5. Now you have to select the bank in which your bank account is open from the bank list.
6. After that you will receive one verification message.
7. After verifying, you have to select which bank account you want to set-up in WhatsApp pay.
8. Tap done and congratulations your WhatsApp pay account is ready.
How to send money via WhatsApp pay?
1. Open person’s chat to whom you want to send money.
2. Tap on the attachments option. After that click on the ‘payment’ option.
3. If the person to whom you are sending money has WhatsApp pay enabled, a screen will appear where you can send and request money.
4. Now enter the amount and you can also add some note if you want, after that tap next.
5. Now you have to enter your UPI pin, if you don’t have UPI pin it will guide you to set-up one.
6. If you want to request money, click on request and wait till the person accepts your request.
How to transfer and receive money using QR code
To receive money:-
1. Open WhatsApp on your device.
2. Click the three dots on the top right corner and open the ‘payment’ option.
3. Click on the QR code showing beside your name to show your unique QR code through which people can send you money.
To send money:-
1. Click on the new payment option placed on the middle right of the payment option.
2. Select a person whom you want to send money or the ‘Send to a UPI account or Scan QR code’ option.
3. After selecting the method which suits you, you have to enter the amount you want to send.
4. Click send and your transaction will complete.
Benefits of using WhatsApp pay
There is a lot of benefit of using WhatsApp pay. As we all know WhatsApp is one the most used messaging application and it is available to everyone easily in this digital era, so it will be easy for the user to pay money in their contacts. WhatsApp is one of the highly secured application due to which the WhatsApp payment option will also get high security system to protect its users from fraud.
Note:- Please visit official whatsapp payment page for more details.